Seeking instruction for stand up paddling? Want to learn new skills? Need help buying a board and related gear?
I'm Available for SUP instruction covering (but not limited to) the following areas:
- How to stand up
- Paddle Stroke Basics (turning, bracing, balance, efficiency, tips on preventing shoulder pain, etc)
- How to select a board, and a paddle. Which clothing to purchase.
- Understanding rivers. Learn how to read moving water, safety, clothing, where to go.
- Basic surf instruction. Learn how to read waves, forecast surf, where to go.
- Where to go, how to prepare for day or overnight trips.
- Basic weather forecasting and safety on the water.
- Advanced strokes.
- Tune up your skills.
My instructional experience includes several years teaching for various kayak retailers and teaching sea kayaking 1 on 1 in Seattle. I am also writing an instructional guide to stand up paddling due out by Mountaineers Books on 2011. I have written safety and rescue articles for Sea Kayaker Magazine as well.
I'm also offering guiding for those seeking a local or regional trip accompanied by an experienced instructor and guide.
- Seattle's Lake Union or Elliott Bay.
- Seattle's Shilshole Bay.
- South Sound - Boston Harbor to Hope Island.
- Chuckanut Bay south of Bellingham.
- Freshwater Bay by Port Angeles.
- Bowman Bay by Deception Pass.
Inquire for guiding rates. www.salmonbaypaddle.com