Naish Nalu 10-10 SUP

I've had the opportunity to paddle the Naish Nalu 10'-10" for several months and have found the board to be versatile as both a super stable beginner's or learning board as well as a fun board for surfing.  At 32" wide and with a mult-concave hull and square tail the board is super stable.  We call the 10-10 our 'go-to' board with students in providing enough floatation for shaky beginners or larger paddlers.

I've surfed the board in up to shoulder high waves and found it easy to turn and fast enough to ride crititcal sections of waves.  The stability kept me up more often than not, and the square tail helped with pivot turns thus increasing my wave count.  The board has little nose rocker which I thought would be an issue in surfing but wasn't.  The nose has a sharp or thin width (top to bottom) thus actually slice through incoming waves which helped in keeping forward speed and not having to squat as low to get the nose up over breaking waves.

The boards has screw-ins on the deck for tie-downs such as cargo netting or bungies.  Instead of using a stick down loop product, the screw-in give you a solid anchor to attach gear to.  Carrying the board was easy even for a few long distance hauls on low tide beaches.  The traction pad was great for a variety of situations whether  I had booties on or was barefoot.

For 2013, I'm hoping to get a few of these boards for instruction to replace my aging Ron House 12-1 Lairds.

Paddler Wt: 230lbs.
Paddler Ht: 6'-5"

Manufacturer Link: http://www.naishsurfing.com/2013/nalu-10-10-gt/





Comments