Rob Casey is the owner of SUP school Salmon Bay Paddle in Seattle, co-founder for the PSUPA and is the author of two paddling guides.

Friday, October 17, 2014

How to not melt your surf wax...

I always lose my board wax. I usually store it in the back of my Subaru or my wet bucket. Providing I remember to bring the right wet bucket (where wet stuff goes).  Last week, I found it and placed in on my dashboard after waxing my boards and paddle shaft.

My class ended four hours later and upon returning to the car I reached in my window to grab the bar.  Or maybe not - it had melted to the dashboard on one of our rare sunny October days.  A week later it's still there.  I could pry it off with a paint scraper but figured I'd leave it there til needed for the next time - better than searching for it in two wet buckets or from the back of the car.


No comments: